Jan 27, 2012

Pure Bride

Hello fellow bloggers and readers alike! It's been a while since I last posted-sorry for the delay- and as I was listening to a song this wonderful evening I decided to post about it. :)

Many of you know the song "Pure Bride" by Leeland and those who don't, I highly recommend you listen to it. Before I head off to sleep, I decided to listen to the song and just. . . Listen for God's voice, and I really think He showed me something. I could literally feel God wrapping His arms around me.

In the future, God promises to come back for His pure bride. Pure bride. I've never really taken the time to really focus on that specifically, but tonight, I guess God really wanted me to think about it. Meditate on the words. God calls us to live a life set apart from those who do not follow Him and He wants us to live it out so that the difference between us and non-Christians is noticeable. He wants us to live pure lives for Him. When He comes for us, those who are not set apart will make way for God to come get those of us who are set apart. With this comes a great responsibility. That is to honor God in everything that we do.

In the ending of the song, it asks "What are you doing when no one is watching?" That has really impacted me since the first time I listened to it. I mean, truly, what am I doing when no one is watching? Am I glorifying God, or am I doing something that I wouldn't want others to know about? What am I doing in that spare time I have? I would have to say that much of the spare time I have doesn't go to God. Not as much as it should. And I really want to change that.

Then it says "Children get your hearts right. God's coming for a pure bride. Children get your hearts right." Wow. It's just incredibly powerful to hear those words in a song so beautifully sung. I am to prepare my heart for the return of Jesus Christ. Would I really be willing to admit that I am ready for that? That I am a "pure bride?" in some ways, I would have to say no simply because I have so much growing to do and so much to learn about Him. I would have to say that I could lead a better pure life for Him.

I picture being that child clothed in white and being that pure bride for God. I picture running into His arms and being finally, eternally whole. I want that. I want to be His pure bride. I want Him to be the love of my life, because I truly do put things before Him. I'm tired of doing that. I want a change of heart.

2 comments:

  1. Your right, pure means without spot or wrinkle..... We dont see our spots or wrinkles we need God to come closer to us and help us see better.... Good thing God is faithfull to finish his work in us :)

    ReplyDelete