May 9, 2011

The 'F's of Wisdom

I've started writing countless articles, and whenever I get to the part after the intro where, traditionally, Rebelutionaries impart their wisdom to the few readers they have, I get stuck. I finally realized why: I'm NOT wise. My bible knowledge is minimal, I can be a horrible friend, and my self-control in regard to spiritual disciplines is nonexistent! So what right do I have to publish a post on wisdom when I'm so underqualified?
Because wisdom, just like love, is an action. It's a learning experience. It's acquired from God and cultivated by His Word and through friends holding us accountable. So here are my thoughts. This is my challenge to you: paint a verse on your wall, stick it up on your locker, write it on your hand. Put a verse relevant to what God is trying to teach you right now somewhere you'll see it frequently so as to hide it in your heart quicker and more efficiently.
  • Filter your thoughts, actions, media choices, etc. through the bible. (1 Tim 4:12)
  • Be a Fruitbasket. Fill yourself with the fruit of the spirit. Don't let your fruit get stale or rotten. (Gal 5:22-23)
  • Who your Friends are say a lot about you. (1 Corinthians 15:33)
  • My small group leader always says there is Freedom in boundaries. God put his laws in place to protect us. They were set up with good reasons. That doesn't mean that following God isn't fun! Far from! Mo, Petey, and I have a blast together! We share out weaknesses and problems, encourage each other, and do our best to follow God's word.
  • Don't Fret. Tomorrow will worry about itself. (Matt 6:34)
  • And lastly, but First and Foremost:
The main thing is to keep the Main Thing the main thing.

God should be your top priority. Seek first the kingdom! (Matt 6:33)

Please join me in challenging yourself to live according to the Word of God, seeking accountability and wisdom.

Notice: The above concept is probably not new to you. It may seem repetitive and unoriginal (so it seems to me) but this blog is also a place for the 3 of us to voice our thoughts and organize our ideas and what we should live by.

Articles coming from me in the future:
Rebelution Conference 2011!
and Guatemala Summer 2011!

1 comment:

  1. I am looking for Christian bloggers and I found yours.. ;)) I was hoping if you could follow back. thank you.

    ReplyDelete