Mar 5, 2011

Always Forever. . .?

You are the love I need
You are the air I breathe
You are my love, my life always forever
And I would lay down my life just to be by Your side
You are my love, my life always forever. . .

This is a song by Phil Wickham, and it was first introduced to me about two years ago at a youth retreat with my youth group. It's really been on my heart lately, and I have just been thinking about the lyrics, along with the meaning behind them.

God is the love I need, and He is the air I breathe, but is He my love, and my life, always forever? And would I really lay down my life, just to be by His side? Those are some of the questions that have come along while I have been thinking about this song. As much as I'd like to say "yes" to those questions, I honestly don't think I can. I mean, I always have some other love in my life distracting me from Him. Whether it be a crush, a friend, or some other item in my life, I'm always being pulled away. It's a bit of an eye-opener, really, to think about that. It's amazing to think about how much that I have to let go of, and surrender to Him, everyday of my life.

Would I lay down my life just to be by God's side? I'm not sure if I would, and I've been working on that, praying about it asking God to change my heart, to change ME. A girl, a victim, of the Columbine shooting did. I think about how much respect, and gratitue that I have for her for answering "Yes" to the question, "Do you believe in God?" while having a gun pointed to her forehead, knowing if she answered that one word she'd be killed. That just simply amazes me, and I simply cannot wait to meet her in heaven.

I'm hoping that maybe you'll look up that song somewhere, and really meditate over the lyrics. Maybe God can change your heart if you're thinking the same thing, that you can't answer "yes" to those questions. I certainly hope that He will change mine, because I know I need it.

4 comments:

  1. Actually, the girl to whom the murderer spoke the words "Do you believe in God?" to was Valeen Schnurr, rather than the "martyr", Cassie Bernal. Valeen was not killed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder. I just happened across your blog and was blessed by this post. :)

    I have a blog about Christ, Faith, and Christian living too! http://thoughtsofjoy17.blogspot.com
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I could help you!!! :) I'm just trying to glorify God to the highest with my posts, and challenge not only myself, but others as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to budge in, "Anonymous", but. . .
    Three girls at Columbine were asked a question similar to that: Valeen Schnurr, Cassie Bernal, and Rachel Scott. Only Valeen survived.

    I thought that might clear some things up. God bless, and thank you for visiting our blog! :)

    ReplyDelete