Feb 14, 2011

ATF

This year, a part of my youth group and I attended the Acquire the Fire that came near us. It's an intense youth conference where you worship, watch a drama put on by them, and learn more about God through the speaker. It was my first time going, and at first, I was a little leary abou it because of what I had previously heard about it from some other people. Boy, was I wrong in being leary! It was the most amazing youth conference that I've ever been to in my life.

It started out as us getting there a little later than we would have liked to because of navigation issues, but we got there! The worship band-School of Worship was their name-came out and did some pretty amazing songs that got us all pumped up! Our first message was on Restoration, and how people who are really into cars can see a beautiful car from a "rust bucket". In a sense, God is like that, because we are His rusted up cars, but in us, He sees a beautiful car in the making.

During the message, we were given these little slips of paper to write a letter to God about pretty much anything. What we're struggling with, how we need Him right now, or how we want Him to work in our lives. I wrote about somethings that have been really holding me back from Him, because of bitterness, and regret. We were called to come to the front of the auditorium (any of us who wanted to pray over what we had on our slips) and to ask God for His help. When I was praying, a girl came and sat by me, and started praying for me. I thought it was one of my friends, but it was a girl named Cheyenne who was part of the staff. We talked for a while, and she took my slip to pray for me everyday, and over what I had written. It was pretty amazing.

As it would take too long to go over everything, but don't get me wrong, the other stuff was important, and amazing, I'm going to skip to Saturday night's last worship session as that is what had the biggest impact on me. We started our last worship session, and not surprisingly, it was really awesome. Thing is, we never stopped singing. We were all overcome in worship, and by just EVERYTHING. Our speaker had to cancel his last message because we wouldn't stop. He didn't care though. He was simply amazed by us.

They had an alter call during the worship, and they had us all pray over them, and for each other by joining hands, shoulders, etc. I literally gave everything I had to the Maker, and the Healer, because every little thing I was holding onto was keeping me from experiencing God is His truest, highest form. I was just sobbing uncontrollably, because of the realization that I DO NOT DESERVE what God has given me. Who I've been, and who I am supposed to be, just came crashing over me. It was a very. . . Humbling experience, and I will hold onto it for the rest of my life.

If any of you have a chance to go to ATF, I would definitely suggest it. It is most definitely the best decision that you could ever make.

No comments:

Post a Comment